451 Research Study: Mobile-First Communications Drive Productivity Gains for the Connected Workforce
NetSfere conducted a study in partnership with 451 Research to examine both the challenges and opportunities that users and IT decision-makers face with respect to the role that mobility and messaging plays in the modern work environment.
The study based on the survey of IT decision makers and employees shows that workplaces with inconsistent mobile messaging policy and tools not only limits productivity gains, but also opens the door to privacy, compliance and security risks.
Few key findings from the report include:
- Employees rely heavily on their smartphones and messaging for business communications; 64 percent of employees use their smartphones several times a day for work purposes
- Mobile messaging is the preferred way to communicate among Millennials, but this trend is extending to all age groups
- Mobile first is key for user adoption, with the majority of respondents showing a strong preference for mobile-first applications
- Security, compliance and productivity are key priorities for IT decision makers when it comes to business communications
- 80 percent of IT decision makers consider it ‘very important’ that their messaging tools be optimized for mobile-specific working