Secure Message Solutions for Banking and Financial Institutions
The financial and banking sector is a heavily regulated industry. The security of electronic records and communications is a top concern. Secure message solutions allow banking and financial institutions to meet compliance goals by protecting the storage and transmission of data and messages.
Secure Message Solutions for Banking and Financial Organizations
It's no secret that bank employees have access to some of the most sensitive information and financial data--social security numbers, account information, personal data and more. Yet surprisingly, many banks have not deployed a secure message platform that mitigates the risk of this information being hacked, leaked or accidentally distributed.
In addition, there are regulations laid out by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) as well as the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) that enforce specific requirements on electronic communications within financial institutions.
Secure message solutions should simplify your ability to:
- Abide by Corporate Data Retention Policies: Secure messaging platforms should automate data retention to ensure compliance with data retention policies. In addition, the solution should provide the IT and account administrator with complete account management and controls, allowing them to modify and update policies as required.
- Retrieve and Delete Archived Messages and Data: Advanced secure message solutions streamline the message and data retrieval process for banking and financial organizations. A robust solution provides audit trails for messages and files, making the search for data simple and hassle-free. In addition, account administrators should have the ability to remotely wipe sensitive information from deactivated accounts or lost devices.
- Adhere to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act: Enacted in 2002, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act implemented regulations for financial and banking institutions when it comes to the use of electronic communications. A secure message platform must provide account features and controls that enable you to retain data for up to seven years, including emails, attachments and instant messages.
Best-in-class secure enterprise messaging solutions streamlines these processes for companies in the banking and financial sector, and allow employees to harness instant messaging technology without risking data breaches or regulatory non-compliance.
The Benefits of a Secure Message Solution for Banks and Financial Institutions
In addition to remaining compliant with corporate, NASD and SEC requirements, the benefits of a secure message solution for banks and financial institutions include:
- Increased Message Security: Device-to-device encryption secures all messages that are sent and received.
- Secure File and Data Sharing: High-level data encryption allows bank employees to share files with sensitive information internally with coworkers. In addition, secure enterprise messaging allows for temporary guest access, meaning files can be sharing externally with customers.
- Enhanced Account Control: Account administrators have total control over account features, as well as the ability to oversee message and file sharing.
- Robust Storage: Secure storage of messages and files generates an audit trail for easy message retrieval. And centralized storage management allows organizations to comply with corporate and federal regulation policies
NetSfere: Secure Message Solutions for Bank and Financial Institutions
NetSfere's secure enterprise messaging provides banks and financial organizations the ability to leverage instant messaging technology, while abiding by government regulations and reducing the risk of security breaches. Our solutions are built to meet the unique regulations and requirements of the financial sector.
To learn more about NetSfere's secure message solution for banking and financial institutions, contact us today.