How to Implement Secure Messaging for Hospitals
Secure messaging for hospitals has become an operational imperative for medical institutions throughout the U.S. Without the proper messaging technology, hospitals struggle to achieve performance benchmarks like increased efficiency and better patient care.
There's no denying the fact that hospitals are being asked to do more with less. Although messaging technology enables hospitals to improve communication and collaboration, it can also introduce new threats and challenges to the organization -- including the potential for non-compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
By implementing secure messaging technology that has been designed to meet the rigorous demands of the healthcare industry, hospitals can comply with HIPAA requirements while achieving a range of key institutional outcomes.
HIPAA Compliance and Secure Messaging for Hospitals
Electronic communication plays a vital role in today's healthcare industry. But the use of communication technology (including instant messaging) elevates the risk for the unauthorized release of sensitive information.
To mitigate this risk, HIPAA requires healthcare organizations to perform several steps:
- The creation and implementation of policies and procedures to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- The physical security of technology infrastructure that supports the organization's electronic communications
- The implementation of access controls, user authentication, transmission security and other measures to protect PHI
- The development of organizational policies that comply with HIPAA requirements
Achieving HIPAA compliance using an off-the-rack, consumer-grade messaging solution isn't a realistic option. Instead, healthcare IT execs and hospital decision-makers need to take a closer look at enterprise messaging platforms that are built to provide more secure messaging for hospitals.
Leading enterprise messaging solutions go beyond basic messaging capabilities by providing features and security controls for HIPAA compliance and organizational improvement.
Netsfere: A Proven Messaging Platform for Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations
Netsfere is a leading provider of secure messaging for hospitals. Our experience in the healthcare space, combined with our expertise in messaging technology, enables to deliver several benefits to executives and hospital staff:
- More Efficient Operations - Netsfere enables seamless communication, collaboration and file sharing among healthcare workers, improving workflows and hospital efficiency.
- HIPAA Compliance - Netsfere provides hospitals with reliable and robust messaging technology that fully complies with HIPAA's administrative, physical and technical security requirements.
- Improved Patient Care - By enabling healthcare workers to collaborate more effectively, Netsfere significantly improves hospitals' ability to deliver exceptional patient care.
Ready to take your hospital's messaging technology to the next level. Let's talk. For more information, contact us and learn how Netsfere's HIPAA-compliant solutions can help you improve operational efficiency and the quality of patient care.